Pages

December 07, 2012

Bunnies in Bellingen!


Kate and I have been in Bellingen to visit Affirmations HQ, planning what
lovely products we can create for next year.
We stayed in the cottage at Suzi and Dan's Cottonwood farm.

It's perfect in every way possible.

And I was in Hare Heaven.

The cottage is more charming than you could ever imagine,
with a bed so wide you need a passport to travel from one side to the other.

The Never Never river winds right past our doorstep and we jump in for our morning swim.
We give it some of our tears, shed in gratitude for so much beauty and peace.

But that's nowhere near the best of it! 

Cottonwood cottage comes with the perfect accessory - a bunny called Charcoal! 

And I love him!

More tears.




Introductions .. we're a bit formal at first.


A few carrot discs for afternoon tea.

I can't stop staring at his beautiful, symmetrical whiskers.




 Breakfast with the birds.


 Eggs in a red ramekin! 


 Thanks Suzi and Dan!

 
And Whitey, even though you only just tolerate me.

Love Ruby x


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am a "Ruby Red Shoes" who lives in Bellingen too! I came from Thumbelina Cottage in Canberra to live up high on a ridge overlooking the Kalang River. Isn't Bellingen a beautiful place. I'm glad you visited my town. XXXX Ruby2.

Kaye said...

You have many 'cousins' Ruby.. I came from Canberra too and now I live in Lambton in the eastern seaboard city of Newcastle. I have a special shelf in my owner's sewing room, so that she can admire me all the time she's stitching! I am much loved and treated most royally! I'm glad that you have a wonderful owner who shares all your adventures with your admirers. xxx

Rubellina {& Zoe B} said...

Hi Ruby, cousin Rubellina here. Kate kindly arranged for me to live with Zoe B about a decade or more ago now. Zoe sits me up in all different positions around the house and I'm currently lounging on a bookcase where I can see all that is going on, including a lovely mother and baby bird nesting in a tree outside our window.

Zoe B first discovered Kate's 'spotted chooks' when she stayed in a Montville B&B about 12 or 13 years ago and saw the models for Kate's art clucking and pecking at the ground.

We love following all your travels and look forward to heading to the cottage in beautiful Bellingen one day. Coincidentally, Zoe B had just bought Kate's cards and Three Little Twigs from Affirmations before she saw your latest posting. We also love our trips up to Giddy and Grace where Sam has a lovely chat to us.

Hope you and Kate have a lovely Christmas and that that partridge finds it's own nest. Rubellina {and Zoe} xx